The Cambridge Area YMCA offers financial assistance. The YMCA’s Scholarship Program provides subsidized rates on a sliding income-based scale modeled on an Ohio Job and Family Services paradigm. You will find the Scholarship Applications at the Front Desk kiosks or you can download the form from our webpage (on your right). A Scholarship Application will need filled out in its entirety. In order to process your financial assistance request, we will need to obtain additional documentation. Take a look at the Scholarship Application for a list of required paperwork.
- Youth: Under 18
- Young Adult:18-25 years of age
- Adult: 26-64 years of age
- Single Parent Family: One adult plus children up to age 25 (if that child is a full-time student living in the house and claimed on federal taxes)
- Family: Two adults plus children up to age 25 (if the children are full-time students living in the house and claimed on federal taxes)
- Senior: 65+
- Senior Family: One of the two adults 65+
- Hometown Hero: Active Police Officer will receive 25% off the membership rate
The Joiner Fee/CIF (Capital Improvement Fund) is a one time fee and is tax deductible. The CIF Joiner Fee is utilized to purchase new equipment and to upgrade the facility. Membership rates are subject to the Ohio Sales Tax at a rate of 7.25%. The Y operates on a cashless system. This includes monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual memberships and tuitions. The Y offers two options that are easy, seamless, and secure. You can opt for an EFT bank draft or a Debit/Credit Card ACH. Our bank draft or credit/debit card payment options are safe ways to manage your membership. The Y system meets full-banking security protocols. Account numbers are not stored. Credit card numbers and personal banking information are encrypted and not visible to staff once entered. Your monthly payment is automatically deducted from your checking/savings/ credit/debit account on the 1st or 15th of each month depending on your selection.
Payment Option #1: Monthly Bank Drafts (EFT’s)
- Drafted from checking or savings account
- Pulled the 15th of each month
Payment Option #2: Monthly Debit/Credit Card Drafts
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover
- Drafted on the 1st or 15th of each month
Membership Holds / Cancellations: The Y requires a written 30-day notice to cancel memberships. This requirement protects you from further automatic withdrawals. Without sufficient notice before your next draft date, an additional debit may occur which is outside the local Y’s control. Memberships that have lapsed two months or more will need to complete a full membership process with the associated joining fee. Members will need to present a doctor’s note to cancel membership for medical reasons. Members who return from a medical cancellation with proper documentation will not be subject to paying another joining fee. Members unable to attend the Y due to medical/health reasons may place their membership on a medical hold until they are cleared to return by a doctor. In order to release the medical hold and reactivate the membership, the member will need to bring a doctor’s note to the Y.
We are excited to have you as a member of the Cambridge Area YMCA. Here are a few suggestions to help you get the most out of your Y experience.
- Schedule a tour
- Schedule a FREE Fitness Orientation
- Invite Family and Friends to join you
- Get connected and stay informed with the Y on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Check out our website cambridgeymca.com
- Attend a Y event
- Review the Y Member Handbook
New members will be issued a Y ID membership card. Members must present their membership card at the Front Desk each time they enter the facility. Lost cards can be replaced at the Front Desk for a fee of $5. The Cambridge Area YMCA Family Center has the right to suspend or cancel a membership if a member shares his/her membership card or if the member’s behavior or language is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of members or staff or with any of the YMCA’s mission and core values.
The Cambridge Area YMCA allows full members to bring a guest to the facility. Guests will need to fill out an Emergency Medical Form Waiver and show a picture ID. Guests are subject to age-appropriate fees. It is possible to obtain a temporary membership card for specific time periods, i.e. Christmas break or summer break.
Youth 17 and Under:
(*Gymnasium pass available for Young Adult and Adults as well)
Young Adult 18-25 Years Old / Active Military Duty (with ID) / College Student (with ID):
Full Facility Usage
Full Facility Usage
Does not include Child Watch
Guests of the Cambridge Area YMCA are to uphold the standards of member conduct. Failure to do so may result in the termination of the sponsoring member’s unit.
By joining the Cambridge Area YMCA Family Center, your family has access to YMCA’s across the Nation! Every family is welcome in every community!
- Valid for active, full facility Y members
- On a monthly basis, nationwide member visitors will need to use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for nationwide memberships
- Make sure the Y offers the services and amenities you plan to use
- Bring a photo ID with you for your visit
Military members who are in active DEPLOYED duty status - Title 10 ONLY (Title 32 personnel are not eligible) may have military YMCA benefits for themselves and their immediate family members. Please fill out a YMCA/DOD Eligibility Form available on military websites or at the Y front desk. Please note that those home on leave do not qualify for free usage of the YMCA. This is a military ruling...not the Y's.